Thursday, 15 September 2011

Insurance... My arse.


!WARNING! 
This post is not related to hot girls like the one in the picture above. Head over to
For regularly updated pictures of attractive women!

So today I was browsing the web because like many 17-18 year olds, I'm looking at exploring the world, and the best way to do this is by car.

Now as you might be able to tell from some of my previous posts, I like cars. A lot. So you can understand my frustration when I want to insure a Volkswagen Golf (might I add a fairly good condition, well-looked after machine that, for a first car, isn't half bad in my opinion) and get quoted over £4500 a year for it.

That may not mean much to people who don't live in the UK, so 4500 GBP translates into 7100 USD, 5200 Euro's and a whopping 147,801,356 Vietnamese 'Dong.'


It's bloody ridiculous, I didn't even purchase the car for £4500. Talk about infuckingjustice.

7 comments:

  1. ah insurance things always pain in the ass , best to avoid them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pay the same for my golf IV. That is a lot of money. I will go by bike next year =D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really frustrating :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel your pain, i had a 51 reg corsa an im 17, went to get it insured an they were sayin 3000 -.- in the end i just drove uninsured for a month an sold it, totally not worth it for a full time student but good look finding a good quote mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling. Sucks man. Great blog +Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top Gear had an epsiode about first cars and how ridiculously high the insurance can be. The concluded that it`s best to get the insurance on your mothers or fathers name.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons