Saturday, 17 March 2012

Asians, The Gym and Protein Guy

Ever since I've started university I've began to attend the gym regularly and it's beginning to show. But there's something that REALLY frustrates me when I'm there - crowds of Asians that use a piece of equipment/bench for ABSOLUTELY AGES.

You have no idea how annoying it is. They stand there, sometimes for over an hour, taking it in turns lifting more than they weigh (which isn't much seeing as most of them are skinny little idiots, probably no heavier than 40kg) and struggling to the point where it takes two of their endless supply of friends to help them lift it. 

The other thing that winds me up to the point of near explosion is someone at the other end of the scales of idiocy. The HUGELY FAT guy who walks around punching the air and shaking his shoulders like he's Mike Tyson. I don't think I've ever seen him lift anything. I honestly believe that's his work-out.. Just some basic movement.

... Here's a tip, if you're someone who doesn't enjoy the gym but attends regularly anyway (personally, I love it,) spend some time analysing your surroundings and give people nicknames based on their characteristics. It's more fun than you might think. In my gym there's "Protein guy" - a dude who's got super fat arms and skinny everywhere else, but still kinda strong. Then there's "Chicken-Wing man" - a dwarf-like creature who constantly shakes his arms as if he's trying to take off. Then there's "Ray" - the spotty-ass ugly kid who nobody dare goes near in case he has rabies.

Give it a go and let me know what you come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, same situation with the Asians at my university. I can honestly work out 3 muscle groups and get cardio in by the time they're done with lat pulldown machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! The Lat pulldown machine was the 1 I was thinking of! They stand there around it for insane amounts of time. I'm glad it's not just at my university gym.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons